Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What I thought was impossible

Ever since Clark's promotion and transfer in February; the last 3 month's have been both trialsome, and a learning experience. There are so many thing's I had to do, that I thought was never possible. Mostly, it was about balance.

For example, trying to potty-train Evey, even though Marisa needed to be fed. Mastering the 5 minute shower. Trying to read Evey a bed-time story, while feeding Marisa. Getting up with Marisa in the middle of the night, and trying to soothe Evey after a nightmare. Getting us out the door on time, and dropping them off a different daycare's. And in the winter no less.

There are many more thing's I've had to learn and do on my own. And unfortuantely, much of it was not graceful, without tears, or very mature (on my part ). But just one more day, and we will be a family again. I sure better get one heck of a Mother's Day present. LOL

3 comments:

The Allen Family said...

wow. sounds tough. good for you for making it though. kinda cool after things like this how you find out just what you are really capable of after all.-just in case you have to do it again???? :)

Kristina said...

Isn't it amazing what moms have to do!? But I'm glad I'm a mom, because I'd never understand otherwise! At least we can sympathize with each other, right? =) You're amazing to have to do it alone for so long!

Joe~n~Meg said...

I've never doubted for a minute you could do all that!! I feel your pain-when Joe left for recruiting, I averaged a 5 minute shower every 3 days and felt good about it!! Call me when you get settled!
Megan